Standards documents [was Wanted: ANSI PL/I grammar]

James Cownie <jim@meiko.co.uk>
Fri, 3 Dec 1993 10:06:12 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Standards documents [was Wanted: ANSI PL/I grammar] jim@meiko.co.uk (James Cownie) (1993-12-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: James Cownie <jim@meiko.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1993 10:06:12 GMT

John comments that
> [The PL/I standards are X3.53-1976 for full PL/I, and X3.74-1987 for the G
> subset. But ANSI only serves the U.S. Each National Standards Organization
> serves as national agent for all of the others, so you're supposed to get
> copies of ANSI whatever from your local NSO. -John]

This is true, however you need to be careful. I ordered the ISO Fortran
standard, and received two pages (for my $75) the first was a header
sheet, the second simply stated that the ANSI standard was adopted with no
changes.

I'd suggest explicitly ordering the relevant ANSI standard. As John says
your local standards organisation can do this for you, or there are
commercial sources.

My mistake was to order the equivalent ISO standard. (Though BSI were very
helpful and took it back.)

-- Jim
James Cownie
Meiko Limited Meiko Inc.