simple grammar analysis tool needed

gary@intrepid.com (Gary Funck)
Tue, 16 Nov 1993 17:25:18 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
simple grammar analysis tool needed gary@intrepid.com (1993-11-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: gary@intrepid.com (Gary Funck)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 17:25:18 GMT

Does anyone know of a tool that accepts a YACC grammar as input
and generates various FIRST/FOLLOW/LAST sets for that grammar?
I'm hand coding a scanner, and there are some ambiguities that
have to be resolved at the scanner level, using knowledge
of possible previous/next tokens. I'd prefer not to have
to do this analysis by hand, or to hack on bison/yacc to get the
result. (I wrote a tool like this a long time ago,
and know its 'somewhere' on one of those 5-1/2" DOS disks
sitting in a big box in the closet, but am pretty sure it
would be easier to write it over again than to look for it :-) ).

thanks,

- Gary