Re: Help finding compiler research?

amn@ubik.demon.co.uk (Anthony Naggs)
Sat, 28 Aug 1993 15:07:43 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help finding compiler research? operjfk@hydra.Rose-Hulman.Edu (1993-08-23)
Re: Help finding compiler research? amn@ubik.demon.co.uk (1993-08-28)
Re: Help finding compiler research? preston@dawn.cs.rice.edu (1993-08-28)
Re: Help finding compiler research? legrady@ug.cs.dal.ca (1993-08-30)
Re: Help finding compiler research? brueni@csgrad.cs.vt.edu (1993-09-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: amn@ubik.demon.co.uk (Anthony Naggs)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1993 15:07:43 GMT

> As a technique for selecting a graduate school, I'm trying to locate papers
> on current research in programming language design and implementation.
>
> Do I have to leaf through every issue of SIGPLAN, every POPL conference
> proceeding, and every computer publication in general to find articles on
> particular topics? Or are there indexes (sorted by subject) to computer
> publications?

The IEE publish abstracts of articles from a wide range of publications.
This is done quarterly for a number of engineering subject areas, I think
the one of interest to you is just called "Computing Abstracts". I used
this a lot at university, but I haven't done so recently and so can't say
which publications they currently include. Each volume has several indices
to assist searching for particular subjects. The abstracts are rather
terse, but include publication/conference name and issue, and details
about the author.

(Note; IEE => Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, Britain)

Perhaps a university or college in your area has this?

Hope this helps,
Anthony Naggs Email: Paper mail:
Software/Electronics Engineer amn@ubik.demon.co.uk P O Box 1080, Peacehaven
  & Computer Virus Researcher East Sussex BN10 8PZ
  Phone: +44 273 589701 Great Britain