Help finding compiler research?

operjfk@hydra.Rose-Hulman.Edu
Mon, 23 Aug 1993 18:17:15 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help finding compiler research? operjfk@hydra.Rose-Hulman.Edu (1993-08-23)
Re: Help finding compiler research? amn@ubik.demon.co.uk (1993-08-28)
Re: Help finding compiler research? preston@dawn.cs.rice.edu (1993-08-28)
Re: Help finding compiler research? legrady@ug.cs.dal.ca (1993-08-30)
Re: Help finding compiler research? brueni@csgrad.cs.vt.edu (1993-09-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: operjfk@hydra.Rose-Hulman.Edu
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1993 18:17:15 GMT

As a technique for selecting a graduate school, I'm trying to locate papers
on current research in programming language design and implementation.

Do I have to leaf through every issue of SIGPLAN, every POPL conference
proceeding, and every computer publication in general to find articles on
particular topics? Or are there indexes (sorted by subject) to computer
publications?

In short, my questions (relevant to this group) are
(1) How do I find current research on a particular topic
(2) In my case, where can I find papers on (a) implementing compilers in
        hardware, (b) implementing type inference (a la SML), and (c) hardware
        description language systems, esp. language design and implementation
(3) What graduate schools are doing interesting things with compilers?
        (I know of some good programs, but I want to know this group's opinion.)

Respond via email to kleinjf@cs.Rose-Hulman.EDU

Joel F. Klein, CS/EE '94
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Terre Haute, IN
[There are some bibliographies in the comp.compilers archives, but
there's no standard index publication. -John]