Benchmarks for C language static analysis (Steve Masticola)
Tue, 17 Aug 1993 13:45:04 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Benchmarks for C language static analysis (1993-08-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Steve Masticola)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1993 13:45:04 GMT

I'd like to start a discussion (off-line) with researchers who are
working on static analysis in the C language. My purpose in doing this
is to establish a common benchmark suite of publicly available C
source programs, to assure that empirical research results (speed and
accuracy) are comparable for different algorithms.

The benchmark suite would be available for anonymous FTP; therefore,
all programs must be in public domain and not subject to ITAR

Some topics for discussion include:

- Proper size and mix of programs for the benchmark;
- How to distribute empirical results (formats, etc.);
- How to standardize results where analyses might have slightly
    different capability (e.g., I handle arrays but not function
    pointers, you do the opposite);
- Potential sources of test data.

Looking forward to your participation!

- Steve Masticola (