|Benchmarks for C language static analysis firstname.lastname@example.org (1993-08-17)|
|From:||email@example.com (Steve Masticola)|
|Keywords:||C, benchmarks, question|
|Organization:||Siemens Corporate Research, Princeton (Plainsboro), NJ|
|Date:||Tue, 17 Aug 1993 13:45:04 GMT|
I'd like to start a discussion (off-line) with researchers who are
working on static analysis in the C language. My purpose in doing this
is to establish a common benchmark suite of publicly available C
source programs, to assure that empirical research results (speed and
accuracy) are comparable for different algorithms.
The benchmark suite would be available for anonymous FTP; therefore,
all programs must be in public domain and not subject to ITAR
Some topics for discussion include:
- Proper size and mix of programs for the benchmark;
- How to distribute empirical results (formats, etc.);
- How to standardize results where analyses might have slightly
different capability (e.g., I handle arrays but not function
pointers, you do the opposite);
- Potential sources of test data.
Looking forward to your participation!
- Steve Masticola (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.