Programming Environments

Graham Matthews <gym@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Mon, 16 Aug 1993 09:43:51 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Programming Environments gym@dcs.ed.ac.uk (Graham Matthews) (1993-08-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Graham Matthews <gym@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 09:43:51 GMT

Hi

I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup to ask this (there doesn't
seem to be any better group ...?).

A few articles back someone asked about recommendations for good schools
for Phds in compiler work. People referred him to some literature
in the grounds that knowing who you wanted to work with was better than
where you wanted to work.

Well my interests are in programming (language) environments. I know
it's a big area and not directly related to comp.compilers but I was
wondering if people could point me to schools, journals, and newsgroups
that cover this sort of thing. I am particularly interested in
programming language environments like Smalltalk, alternative ways of
programming like visual programming, and rapid proto-typing languages
and systems. In general unusual and sophisticated progamming
environments.

Cheers

graham