PCCTS, multiple ANTLR calls

dse@cbnewsi.att.com
Wed, 11 Aug 1993 15:16:29 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PCCTS, multiple ANTLR calls dse@cbnewsi.att.com (1993-08-11)
Re: PCCTS, multiple ANTLR calls parrt@s1.arc.umn.edu (Terence Parr) (1993-08-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: dse@cbnewsi.att.com
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1993 15:16:29 GMT

Hi,
I'm trying to use PCCTS as a parser within a larger program from
which I need to call the ANTLR macro several times.

The parser works fine for the first call, but all subsequent calls with
the same data result in parse errors. I suspect that the zzEXIT macro is
freeing up resources needed for ANTLR calls.

Is there a way call ANTLR multiple times within an executable?

If not does anyone have suggestions for a EBNF parser, like PCCTS, that
allows for multiple calls. Another feature I need is the ability to load
multiple, independently generated parsers. Most parser, other than Bison,
do not allow this.

Thanks,
Don
[There are some fairly well-known hacks involving running a sed script on the
output of yacc, that people use to include multiple yacc parsers. -John]