Call Graph in C

"Gilles MENEZ" <menez@mimosa.unice.fr>
Wed, 11 Aug 1993 14:34:05 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Call Graph in C menez@mimosa.unice.fr (Gilles MENEZ) (1993-08-11)
Re: Call Graph in C lindgren@sics.se (1993-08-12)
Re:Call Graph in C ghiya@zhishi.cs.mcgill.ca (Rakesh Ghiya) (1993-08-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "Gilles MENEZ" <menez@mimosa.unice.fr>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1993 14:34:05 GMT

Help with Interprocedural analysis in C ....

I'm looking for an algorithm which would be able to decide if a C program
contains recursion (static or dynamic) and to define the call graph.

It seems to be a hard job because of the dynamic function parameter
capabilities offered by C.

Ex :

int foo (ft, f)
int (* f)(); /* A pointer to function */
int (* ft[])(); /* An array of pointers to functions that return int */
{
int i = 0;

i = ....... ;
}

Someone who could give me some pointers ?

Gilles
--
Gilles Menez
Laboratoire d'informatique Signaux et Systemes

E-mail: menez@mimosa.unice.fr
Ph: +33 93 21 79 54 Fax: +33 93 21 20 54