Request for references on Object Oriented Languages.

ins134n@aurora.cc.monash.edu.au (Andrew Bucknell)
Tue, 3 Aug 1993 11:29:16 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Request for references on Object Oriented Languages. ins134n@aurora.cc.monash.edu.au (1993-08-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.misc,comp.lang.eiffel,comp.compilers
From: ins134n@aurora.cc.monash.edu.au (Andrew Bucknell)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1993 11:29:16 GMT

        I am part of a group of students involved in developing a parser and
interpreter for an object oriented language. The language being
developed is based on eiffel, and a grammar describing the language has been
provided. The parser is to be developed using a combination of yacc, C, and
C++. The resulting language must be interfaced with a larger system using
C++.
        I have some experience with yacc, C, and C++, but need pointers to
references on developing a parser for an object oriented language. For
example, areas such as what intermediate form to use, what objects can
be identified within the parser (the parser is to be developed using object
oriented techniques .. this is a requirement of the assignment), and how to
convert the intermediate form into a form that can be executed (compile
into C++ ? C ?)
        I would like to hear from anyone who can recommend books, journals,
or technical papers I can consult on these and any other issues that are
relevant to this kind of project. Thanks in advance.