Compilers archive is moving

johnl@iecc.com (John R. Levine)
Thu, 1 Jul 1993 21:16:05 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compilers archive is moving johnl@iecc.com (1993-07-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: johnl@iecc.com (John R. Levine)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1993 21:16:05 GMT

Since I recently got a direct Internet link for the machine where
comp.compilers is moderated, I'm in the process of moving the archives
back here from primost.cs.wisc.edu, where Jim Larus has graciously
provided space for several years.

You can FTP to iecc.com, login anonymous, password your e-mail address.
The back messages are in pub/articles, one file per month, the index files
are in pub/index, and the other random files are in pub/file. The index
and article files should be updated every morning at about 0630 Eastern
time.

The articles and most of the files are compressed with gzip. (Politics
aside, it compresses a lot better than compress does.) Eventually I'll
put in a smarter FTP daemon which will give you your favorite compression
depending on whether you ask for foo, foo.Z, or foo.gz.

The link here is a 64K leased line shared with a lot of other sites, so
throughput at busy times is not very good. If possible, please do your
FTPing at off-hours, 2100-0900 Eastern time. The mail server remains
available for people without FTP access.

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator