Re: Scanner/Parser Generators Producing C++-Code - SUMMARY

vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (Vern Paxson)
Sat, 12 Jun 1993 00:04:59 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Scanner/Parser Generators Producing C++-Code - SUMMARY schmidt@rz.uni-passau.de (1993-06-07)
Re: Scanner/Parser Generators Producing C++-Code - SUMMARY vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (1993-06-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (Vern Paxson)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1993 00:04:59 GMT

schmidt@rz.uni-passau.de (Schmidt Guido) writes:
> Looking for scanner/parser gens producing C++ code? - SUMMARY
> There aren't any freely available. If you modified flex, which already
> produces C++ compatible code, to use C++ I/O, I expect many people would be
> grateful. [John Levine's comment , not Schmidt Guido's - Vern]

Tom Epperly of the University of Wisconsin at Madison has supplied me with
a patch to add using C++ iostreams to flex scanners. This patch will
appear in some form (either as part of the standard scanner skeleton, or
as a contributed file in the MISC/ directory, probably the former) in the
upcoming 2.4 release of flex, which, honestly, is coming out quite soon.
If you don't feel like waiting until 2.4 comes out drop me a line and I'll
email you the patch.

                                Vern

                Vern Paxson vern@ee.lbl.gov
                Systems Engineering ucbvax!ee.lbl.gov!vern
                Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (510) 486-7504