problem with PCCTS source (David Poole)
Thu, 20 May 1993 04:10:26 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
problem with PCCTS source (1993-05-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (David Poole)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1993 04:10:26 GMT

    I've been having problems compiling the PCCTS package under Borland C++
1.0 for OS/2 2.0. I was getting numerous "Call to function XXX with no
prototype in function YYY" warnings.

    As it turns out, the code violates the ANSI standard in several of the
function prototypes. A parameterless function must have "void" as the
parameter list. Much of the source code is fine, but the headers in the
./h directory fail. Since the code generated by ANTLR and DLG also uses
these headers, it too fails.

    Borland has apparently tightened their ANSI compatibility since Turbo
C++ 3.0 compiled it ok. It's a good bet that the upcoming Borland C++ 4.0
for Dos/Windows will also fail to compile the package.

ps - I've successfully compiled the tool set and accompanying C and Pascal
sample code with Silicon Graphics cc, gcc 2.3.3, and the beta of IBM's
C/C++ Set/2 for OS/2 2.0.
David Poole
Montana State University