InterLogic? (was What is an interpreter?)

thutt <thutt@MAIL.CASI.NASA.GOV>
Mon, 10 May 1993 13:00:47 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
InterLogic? (was What is an interpreter?) thutt@MAIL.CASI.NASA.GOV (thutt) (1993-05-10)
Re: InterLogic? (was What is an interpreter?) dfr@ioc.co.uk (1993-05-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: thutt <thutt@MAIL.CASI.NASA.GOV>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1993 13:00:47 GMT

Paul Robinson <tdarcos@mcimail.com> said the following:
> How do we determine when something is a "real" interpreter of a "real"
> language, and when it doesn't quite reach that point?

He then went on to discuss an adventure game langauge, and that got
me to thinking about the old Infocom (before they were bought and
pillaged by ActiVison).

Can anyone provide any information on their proprietary language
'InterLogic'? EBNF, semantics? A parser for it? I have always
wondered how the greatest adventure games looked 'behind the scenes'.