Thu, 6 May 1993 14:41:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Rene Dekker)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 14:41:52 GMT

A few weeks ago I requested literature on transformational systems.
This is a summary of the reactions I got. Although I got only 4 direct
reactions to my article, it has become quite an extensive list after

I am greatly in dept to the following persons who contributed to the
list, directly or indirectly:

John Boyland (
Charles Farnum (
Richard A Hammond (
Stavros Macrakis (
Hendrik Boom (
Ira Baxter (
Wolfgang Grieskamp (
Ignacio (
Bob Paige (
Jan Verheul (

Their reactions are listed below. I got Farnums reaction through John
Boyland and Ira Baxter gave me reference lists from Grieskamp, Ignacio,
and Paige besides her own. I added the reference list of Jan Verheul, a
co-worker on this project, as far as it does not overlap the other

Thanks to you all!

Rene Dekker +3115-783850
Delft University of Technology Technical Mathematics and Informatics
[The list is much too big to put in a message; it will shortly be in the
compilers archive for FTP at or the mail server here
(see the FAQ) as trans-bib. -John]