automata book recommendations wanted (Ben S. Hadad)
Wed, 28 Apr 1993 17:01:33 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
automata book recommendations wanted (1993-04-28)
Re: automata book recommendations wanted (1993-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Ben S. Hadad)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 17:01:33 GMT

      I am looking for a book on Automata Theory as part of a
self-study program in preparation for the Computer Science
section of the GRE. I already have the excellent book by
Hopcroft and Ullman, "Intro to Automata Theory, Languages, and
Computation", which I find admirable in its rigor and
thoroughness, but a bit short on solved problems. Any other
introductory texts out there that you folk can recommend? If
you'd e-mail me with your answer, I'll post a summary when the
answers stop coming in.

      Thanks in advance for the advice.

      Ben Hadad, aka