How to force gcc to dump core on FP error

raynor@cs.scarolina.edu (Harold Brian Raynor)
Sat, 24 Apr 1993 17:27:16 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How to force gcc to dump core on FP error raynor@cs.scarolina.edu (1993-04-24)
Re: How to force gcc to dump core on FP error segfault!rfg@uunet.UU.NET (1993-05-05)
Re: How to force gcc to dump core on FP error hvaisane@cs.joensuu.fi (1993-05-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.unix.ultrix
From: raynor@cs.scarolina.edu (Harold Brian Raynor)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1993 17:27:16 GMT

Is there any compiler switch that will force either GCC or the MIPS C
compiler (supplied with Ultrix) to coredump when a floating point error
occurs?

I am writing a 3D Graphics package and at the moment am having a lot of
things calculated to be Infinity or Nan. This should never happen in the
program.

Without dissecting every line of code with a debugger (or putting a TON of
printfs), it would be nice if I could just get a core dump whenever this
happened. Then I would know exactly where it occured. It does this with
integer divide by zeros, etc. There outta be a way to do it with FP (all
are floats, no doubles).

I am using a DECstation 2100 (believe it is MIPS 2000).

Thanks,
Brian Raynor