Graphs generated by predicates (Uwe Assmann)
Mon, 5 Apr 1993 13:28:03 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Graphs generated by predicates (1993-04-05)
SUMMARY: Loop transformations with unimodular matrices (1993-04-06)
papers about loop transformations (1993-04-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.databases,comp.compilers
From: (Uwe Assmann)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1993 13:28:03 GMT

I wonder whether there is a classification of graphs with different edge
colors based on the 'generating predicates'.

By this I mean that a graph with different edge colors is described by its
vertices and its relations (which represent the edge colors); the
relations, however, can be described as binary predicates. Regard the
famous 'ancestor example' which describes the transitive hull of the 'son'

ancestor(A,D) :- son(A,D).
ancestor(A,D) :- ancestor(A,A1), son(A1,D).

That means, that the ancestor-relation (ancestor-edges) can be defined in
terms of the son-relation, respectively the ancestor-graph in terms of the
son-graph. Now my question is: is there a classification of graphs that
takes into account, which form of predicates 'generate which forms of
Uwe Assmann
GMD Forschungsstelle an der Universitaet Karlsruhe
Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str. 1
7500 Karlsruhe GERMANY
Email: Tel: 0721/662255 Fax: 0721/6622968