Formal Language Calculations

werts@grover.cecs.csulb.edu (Michael Werts)
Mon, 29 Mar 1993 19:38:46 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Formal Language Calculations werts@grover.cecs.csulb.edu (1993-03-29)
Re: Formal Language Calculations oudelutt@cs.utwente.nl (1993-03-30)
Re: Formal Language Calculations norvell@csri.toronto.edu (1993-03-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.theory
From: werts@grover.cecs.csulb.edu (Michael Werts)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1993 19:38:46 GMT

I'm looking for a couple of algorithms:

1. Given a cfg, G, find the "smallest" regular expression, R,
      that accepts all the sentences in G.

2. Given regular expressions R1 and R2, determine if their
      intersection is nonempty.

If anyone knows of solutions to these problems, I would appreciate
pointers to the appropriate texts and/or papers.

Thanks!
--
MICHAEL WERTS -- werts@csulb.edu
Computer Engineering Computer Science