empirical studies of Programming Language use

abraham@qucis.queensu.ca (Edna Abraham)
Sat, 27 Mar 1993 21:51:34 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
empirical studies of Programming Language use abraham@qucis.queensu.ca (1993-03-27)
Re: empirical studies of Programming Language use martens@cis.ohio-state.edu (1993-03-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: abraham@qucis.queensu.ca (Edna Abraham)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1993 21:51:34 GMT

I am looking for studies done on the use of programming languages in the
real world. At the moment I am interested in imperative languages. I
have got some on FORTRAN, BLISS, XPL.. done in the 70's but I need some
more.

Can any one out there tell me where I could find such studies, if you
know of any such studies done for functional languages? (I will be
interested in those too in the near future)

I need to do some background reading for a project. I would really
appreciate any help.

Thanks

Edna W. Abraham

reply can be mailed directly to me at