MIL-STD-1750B C-compiler

sten@einstein.wd.estec.esa.nl (Sten Ekholm)
Tue, 2 Mar 1993 17:29:57 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
MIL-STD-1750B C-compiler sten@einstein.wd.estec.esa.nl (1993-03-02)
Re: MIL-STD-1750B C-compiler ryer@inmet.camb.inmet.com (1993-03-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,gnu.gcc.help
From: sten@einstein.wd.estec.esa.nl (Sten Ekholm)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1993 17:29:57 GMT

I have two questions I would like to submit to the net:

1) Does anyone know of a C compiler which supports the MIL-STD-1750B 16
bit micro processor architecture and what's the price range?

2) How much work would be involved in adapting the gnu c, c++ compiler to
support the above 16bit micro processor if possible at all? We are using
the 1750 in embedded space applications; the gnu compiler would therefore
be used as a cross compiler for the 1750. If we were to start such a
project what would be the cons and pros?
--
Sten Ekholm Internet: sten@einstein.wd.estec.esa.nl
European Space Agency Span: ESTCS1::SEKHOLM