Re: C++ symbol table (Preston Briggs)
Fri, 19 Feb 1993 17:38:05 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ symbol table (Joydip Dass) (1993-02-19)
Re: C++ symbol table (1993-02-19)
Re: C++ symbol table chased@rbbb.Eng.Sun.COM (1993-02-19)
Re: C++ symbol table (1993-02-21)
Re: C++ symbol table (1993-02-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Preston Briggs)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1993 17:38:05 GMT (Joydip Dass) writes:

>I have got hold of Jim Roskind`s C++ grammar. I have also modified his
>Flex input file to suit my purposes. However, as he points out in his
>documentation, the lexer he supplied does not include a SYMBOL TABLE and
>does NOT KEEP TRACK OF CURRENT SCOPES. I am in need of these

Thr Dragon Book is a good source for this stuff.

    title="Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools",
    author="Alfred V. Aho and Ravi Sethi and Jeffrey D. Ullman",

Also, here's a relevant paper from one of the early compiler
construction conferences.

    title="Hashed Symbol Tables for Languages with Explicit Scope Control",
    author="Susan L. Graham and W. N. Joy and O. Roubine",

Preston Briggs