Re: Looking for languages that compile to C

moss@cs.cmu.edu (Eliot Moss)
Thu, 18 Feb 1993 03:43:28 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for languages that compile to C ross@spam.maths.adelaide.edu.au (1993-02-15)
Re: Looking for languages that compile to C moss@cs.cmu.edu (1993-02-18)
Re: Looking for languages that compile to C munk@prl.philips.nl (1993-02-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: moss@cs.cmu.edu (Eliot Moss)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1993 03:43:28 GMT

By all means you should consider Modula-3. The Digital Equipment
Corporation's Systems Research Center has a compiler that produces C and
has been ported to a number of platforms. You can get it from
pub/DEC/Modula-3 on gatekeeper.dec.com. Also check out comp.lang.modula3,
including its FAQ, which lists the books out on Modula-3. Also, I note
that DEC SRC has a native compiler under development for a few platforms,
and my own research group at UMass Amherst is developing GNU Modula-3. SRC
and others have developed substantial working applications in Modula-3,
and you can get working Modula-3 implementations for free, now and in the
future.
--
J. Eliot B. Moss, Associate Professor Visiting Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science School of Computer Science