Compilers for Microchip PIC16C5x

nzkite!foster@gvls1.VFL.Paramax.COM (Foster Schucker)
Fri, 29 Jan 1993 22:40:22 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compilers for Microchip PIC16C5x nzkite!foster@gvls1.VFL.Paramax.COM (1993-01-29)
PIC 16Cxx Compilers manningc@procor.dialogic.com (1993-02-04)
Re: Compilers for Microchip PIC16C5x AMN@VMS.BRIGHTON.AC.UK (Anthony Naggs) (1993-02-05)
Re: PIC 16Cxx Compilers clyde@hitech.com.au (1993-02-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: nzkite!foster@gvls1.VFL.Paramax.COM (Foster Schucker)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1993 22:40:22 GMT

I'm looking for a compiler for the PIC 16C5x series of microprocessors.

I'd prefer C or Pascal, hosted on MS-DOS but beggars can't be choosers.

The Microchip PIC 16C5x series of microprocessors is a small (18-28 pin)
chip with 33 instructions, a 12 bit word, with 2K of EPROM. They are
ideal for small jobs. At 5 volts / 2 ma battery projects are possible.
With clock speeds up to 20Mhz you can do calculation intensive systems.

The instructions are all single word, all operations with the exception of
brances occur in one cycle. Branches take two cycles. There are 15-72
registers(depending on the specific model) for programming use.

I know that most people will (should?) be using assember, I'd rather
program them in a HLL.

Thanks!!
Foster Schucker -- foster@nzkite.uucp -- (215) 458-8354 (voice)