Help ! lex and yacc POSIX extensions

amin@rsvl.unisys.com (Amin Kassem)
Mon, 18 Jan 1993 20:55:42 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help ! lex and yacc POSIX extensions amin@rsvl.unisys.com (1993-01-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.unix.programmer
From: amin@rsvl.unisys.com (Amin Kassem)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1993 20:55:42 GMT

In an effort to test our implementation of lex and yacc without having a
biased test, we are soliciting the net and the netters for tests. If you
have a good test case that you think will exercise (or break :-)) the
following features we would like to hear from you. Our objective is to
run small yet good tests to verify the implementation of these
functionalities.

  Lex :- 1) Exclusive start conditions (%x).
                  2) %array vs. %pointer.
                  3) collating symbols and collation related bracket symbols in EREs.

  Yacc :- 1) -b option.
                  2) -p option.

  What other important functionalities (POSIX extensions) do you think should
  also be tested?

Our knowledge of lex and yacc is VERY limited. Any helpful hints that
would help us ensure a good test strategy would be greatly appreciated.

Private e-mail is preferred.

Thank you much.

Regards,
--