Re: Another Compiler book to add to the FAQ

martin@bdsgate.com (Martin Harriss)
Mon, 11 Jan 1993 18:13:57 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Another Compiler book to add to the FAQ TDARCOS@MCIMAIL.COM (Paul Robinson) (1993-01-08)
Re: Another Compiler book to add to the FAQ cliftonr@netcom.com (1993-01-08)
Another Compiler book to add to the FAQ tfj@apusapus.demon.co.uk (Trevor Jenkins) (1993-01-08)
Re: Another Compiler book to add to the FAQ martin@bdsgate.com (1993-01-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: martin@bdsgate.com (Martin Harriss)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1993 18:13:57 GMT

Paul Robinson (TDARCOS@MCIMAIL.COM) wrote:
: Writing Interactive Compilers and Interpreters
: by P.J. Brown

I'll second this on being a great book. It actually promotes sound
software engineering principles as much as it deals with compiler witing.
It's one of the favourite books in my library.

I was fortunate enough to be taught by Pete Prown when I was at Kent.
His courses were always popular, and a very enjoyable - and usually
entertaining - experience.

Martin Harriss
uunet!bdsgate!martin
[It turns out only the hardcover edition is out of print; the paperback is
still available from Wiley for $33. -John]