Re: Help with Object File formats, Motorola 68K Assembler.

bothner@cygnus.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1992 05:08:26 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help with Object File formats, Motorola 68K Assembler. seshadri@ces.cwru.edu (1992-12-18)
Re: Help with Object File formats, Motorola 68K Assembler. bothner@cygnus.com (1992-12-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: bothner@cygnus.com
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1992 05:08:26 GMT

> Does anyone know about any file conversion utility that would enable me to
> link the IEEE 695 and COFF objects?

The GNU binutils-2.0 release includes a linker that can handle
both formats (at the same time), as well as 'copy', an object-file
conversion utility. This is available in binutils-2.0.tar.Z on
GNU archives everywhere (such as pub/gnu on prep.ai.mit.edu).

> Also, does anybody know if I can get my hands on a freeware macro
> assembler that generates object files in the COFF format?

I think the next release of the GNU assembler (gas) will be able
to do this. A near-future relase certainly will be able to.

--Per Bothner
Cygnus Support bothner@cygnus.com