Lex & Yacc - Levine, Mason & Brown

pjj@cs.man.ac.uk (Pete Jinks)
Thu, 26 Nov 1992 14:30:23 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Lex & Yacc - Levine, Mason & Brown pjj@cs.man.ac.uk (1992-11-26)
Re: Lex & Yacc - Levine, Mason & Brown johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) (1992-11-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: pjj@cs.man.ac.uk (Pete Jinks)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1992 14:30:23 GMT

I am reviewing your book, and I am baffled by example 2-8 on page 44. I
have tried examples 2.7 and 2.8 on a Sun 4 and they behave identically.
The text surrounding the example does not seem to explain the problem, or
if it does I don't follow it. Is this caused by some obscure lex bug that
has since been fixed, or is there a misprint, or what?

I am supposed to submit my review by the end of the month. I am VERY
impressed, by the way. My only negative onservation so far is the wierd
tabbing (looks like a 6-space v. 8-space error).
[Oops. It's a typesetting error. See next message. -John]