Reconfigureable C-compiler for small microprocessors (Jack Bukholdt Andersen)
Tue, 17 Nov 1992 10:16:21 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Reconfigureable C-compiler for small microprocessors (1992-11-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c,comp.lsi
From: (Jack Bukholdt Andersen)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 10:16:21 GMT

We are looking for a C-compiler, which allows the target instruction-set
to be reconfigured. Something like GNU gcc - but for much smaller

The compiler is to be used for a small customized processor, implemented
in an ASIC. About as powerful as a 8051/68HC11 - but maybe not quite as

Please - can anybody help with references to companies marketing such a
beast - or perhaps a PD/ShareWare version available via FTP ?

And - for readers of comp.lsi - perhaps somebody have got pointers to a
parameterised processor as well, preferably - but not necessarily - to be
used in Mentor GDT ?

Answers by Email or follow-up. Anyway - we will summarise to the net.

Thank you !

Jack Andersen
Aalborg University, Denmark