Comp.parallel Institutes New Service: Parlib (Steve Stevenson)
Thu, 12 Nov 1992 13:39:37 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Comp.parallel Institutes New Service: Parlib (1992-11-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Steve Stevenson)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1992 13:39:37 GMT

The comp.parallel newsgroup is instituting a new service. This service is
patterned after the netlib system at Oak Ridge (and uses the same
software). The purpose of parlib is to accumulate information and
programs which are specifically oriented to parallel, concurrent, and
distributed systems.

Parlib is addressible through e-mail. To receive instructions, do the

system> mail
                send index

Our first goal is to collect examples of programs which run on the various
commercially available systems. Our idea here is to collect programs which
can be used by instructors in classes or by researchers as exemplars of a
solution technique. If you have a small program which illustrates a
solution to a basic problem with parallel programming please submit a copy
of this program to me at the below email address. Before you send it, feel
free to take out all references to yourself so that the code does not come
back to haunt you for the rest of your life. Send it to me and forget it.

I already have code from Intel Training for the iPSC/860. I would
certainly appreciate other vendors submitting their training codes.

I am also interested in accumulating names of persons willing to
distribute bibliographies they have collected. You can submit the
bibliography and I'll keep it here or just send your name and the subject

Last, and certainly not least, I would like to collect FAQs. Send your
ideas to me.

Steve Stevenson
Administrative address
Department of Computer Science, comp.parallel
Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634-1906 (803)656-5880.mabell