dependency maker for make (Jonathan Goldman)
Mon, 2 Nov 1992 02:15:34 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
dependency maker for make (1992-11-02)
Re: dependency maker for make (1992-11-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Jonathan Goldman)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1992 02:15:34 GMT

I am looking for a program that determines dependencies for a makefile
based upon the source files in a project.

Basically I'd like this program to figure out the dependency lines that
would reside in my makefile based upon all the #include lines in all my .c
and .h files. It would be nice if it handled nested includes.

I have seen one before and it was called makedep -- I think it was a
homebrew or public domain utility. If anybody knows where I might find
this or a similar utility please send me e-mail.

-jon goldman
[There's certainly been enough makefile updaters floating around the net,
though the ones I've seen tend to know only about C header files. -John]