COFF gas or equivalent needed for Motorola 88K (Larry Stabile)
Fri, 30 Oct 1992 17:58:01 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COFF gas or equivalent needed for Motorola 88K (1992-10-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Larry Stabile)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1992 17:58:01 GMT

I am seeking a free or PD assembler that supports the Motorola 88k
processor (88100 for now), and produces coff object files.

I have a version of gas (gnu assembler) that produces 88k a.out format. I
also have some patches for getting gas to produce coff, but it does not
support coff-style debug-symbol syntax (it actually produces coff with

Any further work along these lines using gas will be appreciated, as well
as pointers to any other PD assemblers supporting 88k and/or coff.

Larry Stabile
Center for High Performance Computing
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
293 Boston Post Road