Re: WANTED: Parser testing tools and/or random sentence generator(s).

Glenn Kasten <glenn@ready.eng.ready.com>
Fri, 23 Oct 1992 23:37:11 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
WANTED: Parser testing tools and/or random sentence generator(s). rfg@netcom.com (1992-10-22)
Re: WANTED: Parser testing tools and/or random sentence generator(s). leichter@zodiac.rutgers.edu (1992-10-23)
Re: WANTED: Parser testing tools and/or random sentence generator(s). glenn@ready.eng.ready.com (Glenn Kasten) (1992-10-23)
Re: WANTED: Parser testing tools and/or random sentence generator(s). marick@m.cs.uiuc.edu (1992-10-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Glenn Kasten <glenn@ready.eng.ready.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1992 23:37:11 GMT

rfg@netcom.com (Ronald F. Guilmette) writes:
> Seems to me that sometime in the distant past, I may have read in this
> newsgroup about some tool (or tools) which, when given a grammar specifi-
> cation, would generate a whole slew of random (ostensibly valid) sentences
> conforming to the given grammar.

I have written such a tool, called 'gen', and have also collected some
articles and even one person's PhD Thesis on the subject. If there is
anyone else who has such tools or papers on the subject, please send me
email. Then in a week or two, I will try to merge it together and post a
summary to this newsgroup.

Glenn Kasten
Ready Systems 470 Potrero Ave. Sunnyvale CA 94086
glenn@ready.com (408) 522-7357