How can I change GCC to make it perform SOFTWARE PIPELINING.

oner@paris.usc.edu (Koray Oner)
Mon, 12 Oct 1992 19:58:01 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How can I change GCC to make it perform SOFTWARE PIPELINING. oner@paris.usc.edu (1992-10-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,gnu.gcc.help
From: oner@paris.usc.edu (Koray Oner)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1992 19:58:01 GMT

Hi Netters,

For my studies in cache memories I need a compiler which performs the
SOFTWARE PIPELINING transformation to the code. Since I couldn't find such
a compiler for Sun Sparc processors and since I couldn't convince anyone
in CS department to this for me, I have to do it myself.

Instead of writing a compiler from scratch I decided to modify GCC
compiler. Even though I took a compiler design course, I am no expert on
compiler design and I ask your advice on how to approach this problem and
how to solve it without too much hustle.

I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Koray Oner