Re: Genetic algorithms and scheduling

sanjay@equalizer.cray.com (+Sanjay Krishnamurthy)
Mon, 12 Oct 1992 16:54:24 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
instruction scheduling using genetic algorithms marco@einstein.et.tudelft.nl (1992-10-09)
Re: Genetic algorithms and scheduling sanjay@equalizer.cray.com (1992-10-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: sanjay@equalizer.cray.com (+Sanjay Krishnamurthy)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1992 16:54:24 GMT

>I am desperately seeking references and implementations on
>instruction scheduling using genetic algorithms.

Try...

"Genetic Algorithms and Instruction Scheduling," Steven J. Beaty in the
proceedings of the 24th Annual International Symposium on
Microarchitecture, November 1991. There are a number of relevant
references in this paper, the most significant being Beaty's dissertation
titled "A study of instruction scheduling using genetic algorithms," Dept.
of Mech. Engg., Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, 1991.

[Hans Mulder at your university-Delft Univ., I presume, presented a paper
at the same conference on software pipelining for transport triggered
architectures. You should be able to get a copy of the proceedings from
him.]

Bartheeni guru......

-Sanjay M. Krishnamurthy
Cray Research Superservers