Compiler positions available (Compilers daemon)
Sun, 11 Oct 1992 14:58:59 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available (1992-10-11)
Compiler positions available (1992-10-25)
Compiler positions available (1992-11-01)
Compiler positions available (1992-11-15)
Compiler positions available (1992-11-22)
Compiler positions available (1992-11-29)
Compiler positions available (1992-12-06)
[2 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,
From: (Compilers daemon)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1992 14:58:59 GMT

This is a weekly digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available''
messages received at comp.compilers. Messages must advertise a position
having something to do with compilers and must also conform to the
guidelines periodically posted in To submit a message,
mail it to

Date: Mon, 5 Oct 92 13:19:08 -0400
Subject: Compiler jobs at Harris in Ft. Lauderdale

Harris Computer Systems Division (HCSD) is looking for entry-level and
experienced software engineers to join our language processor group. We
would like to find a highly motivated person with a strong interest and
background in compiler technology. We develop C, Fortran and Ada
compilers that share a common code generator(CCG). CCG uses
state-of-the-art code generation and optimization techniques. It
generates code for multiple architectures including the latest Harris
Night Hawks based off of Motorola's 88000 family of RISC processors.

HCSD is a division of the Harris Corporation, a high-tech company
specializing in information, communications, and aerospace technology.
The Computer Systems Division, headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida,
designs and manufactures multi-processor computer systems. These systems
are used for real-time simulation, ADA development systems, multi-level
secure systems, power plant control systems, space systems, weather radar
systems, and other applications with real-time computing needs.

All positions require U.S. citizenship or permanent residency. In
addition, a BSCS is required as is a grade point average of at least 3.0
on a 4.0 scale. A strong background in UNIX and C is also preferred.

If you are interested in joining our software development team and
enjoying the pleasures of the South Florida lifestyle we'd like to hear
from you.

Send your resume to

Paul Beusterien
Harris Computer Systems Division