Job postings

John R. Levine <compilers-request@iecc.cambridge.ma.us>
Thu, 20 Aug 1992 18:24:04 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Job postings compilers-request@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) (1992-08-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.misc
From: John R. Levine <compilers-request@iecc.cambridge.ma.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1992 18:24:04 GMT

Over fifty people have responded to my question about whether job postings
are appropriate for comp.compilers, and I've gotten considerably more
support than opposition for a weekly digest. So here's what I'm planning
to do for a test period of two months:

-- One digest per week, no digest if no messages
-- Cross-post to misc.jobs.offered
-- Distribute only to usa unless it contains offers from outside the USA

I won't include messages that don't offer compiler related jobs or that
don't conform to Eugene Miya's misc.jobs.offered guidelines.

The subject lines will read "Compiler jobs digest" so people who don't
want to see them can update their kill files now. After two months if the
jobs digest doesn't seem to be working, I'll go back to the no jobs
policy. There was universal agreement that one message a week was the
maximum that people want.

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator
johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us or {spdcc|ima|world}!iecc!johnl