Should I post help wanted messages?

John R. Levine <compilers-request@iecc.cambridge.ma.us>
Sat, 15 Aug 1992 00:16:23 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Should I post help wanted messages? compilers-request@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) (1992-08-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: John R. Levine <compilers-request@iecc.cambridge.ma.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1992 00:16:23 GMT

Over the years, I have never posted "help wanted" or "position available"
messages in comp.compilers on the theory that there is a perfectly good
group, misc.jobs.offered, intended for them.

I've been getting more such messages than I used to, one or two per week,
so I wonder whether I should reconsider my policy. As an alternative, I
might post one digest message per week containing the help wanted messages
that arrived during the week. Would people prefer this? Send me a note
and let me know. If I don't get a lot of support for change, I'll leave
things as they are.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us, {spdcc|ima|world}!iecc!johnl

PS: I have no sympathy at all for the theory advanced by some people that
they don't want to use misc.jobs.offered because anyone who reads it must
be a total loser.