Re: 8086 object code

ejy@hrmsc.att.com (Eugene Yurek)
Thu, 13 Aug 1992 17:34:42 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
8086 object code bromage@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (1992-08-12)
Re: 8086 object code ejy@hrmsc.att.com (1992-08-13)
Re: 8086 object code choup@CGRB.ORST.EDU (1992-08-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.os.msdos.programmer
From: ejy@hrmsc.att.com (Eugene Yurek)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 17:34:42 GMT

bromage@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Andrew Bromage):
>[Where can I get documentation for Intel 8086 object formats?]

Have you tried Intel yet ? I got a copy of the object file format
document 3 or 4 years ago from them. It also included a library format
section, however, at least Microsoft (probably others) like to break
things in their compilers and fix them in the linker and librarian (read:
the object and library formats are augmented by them with additional
record types that are NOT defined in the Intel document), so I'm not
exactly sure how useful the Intel document is going to be unless you don't
care about generic compatibility with other compiler vendors.

Gene Yurek
ejy@hrmsg.att.com AT&T Bell Laboratories, Middletown NJ