comp.compilers now available by e-mail from LISTSERV

John R. Levine <>
Thu, 13 Aug 1992 03:01:23 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
comp.compilers now available by e-mail from LISTSERV (John R. Levine) (1992-08-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: John R. Levine <>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 03:01:23 GMT

Jim McIntosh at the American University has kindly setup a LISTSERV
gateway to comp.compilers called COMPIL-L. This lets people who don't get
usenet receive the newsgroup via electronic mail. All articles posted to
comp.compilers are mailed to the mailing list when they arrive at A.U.,
usually a few minutes after I post them. Any mail sent to COMPIL-L will
be forwarded here for moderation just like any other incoming compilers

To subscribe a person should send e-mail to with one
line in the mail message (not in the subject!) That line should read:

                                                SUBSCRIBE COMPIL-L full_name
for example:
                                                SUBSCRIBE COMPIL-L Ima Hacker

To get off the list the subscriber should send e-mail to the same address
with the message: SIGNOFF COMPIL-L

If you have problems getting on or off the list, please contact me, not
Jim. In particular, if you want to add or delete a mail alias other than
your own personal mail address, you have to ask me to do it.

John Levine, comp.compilers moderator