looking for refs on phase-ordering optimizations

rjohnson@cs.cornell.edu (Richard C. Johnson)
Fri, 17 Jul 1992 15:29:46 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
looking for refs on phase-ordering optimizations rjohnson@cs.cornell.edu (1992-07-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: rjohnson@cs.cornell.edu (Richard C. Johnson)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1992 15:29:46 GMT

I'm looking for references to work on interactions between various
compiler optimizations. Specifically, I'd be interested in references to
papers on the ordering of optimization phases, integration of optimization
phases to eliminate the need for ordering, and cooperation between
optimizations and scheduling & resource allocation. I'm familiar with
Joshi & Dhamdhere's work on combining strengh reduction and code hoisting,
with Goodman & Hsu's algorithm for combining reg.allocation and code
scheduling in basic blocks, and with Ruttenberg and Freundenberger's work
on combining instruction scheduling and global register allocation.

Please mail me references or comments and I'll post a summary. Thanks
in advance.

Richard Johnson
rjohnson@cs.cornell.edu