lex and yacc for C++

ubacw00@ucl.ac.uk (Mick Farmer)
Tue, 16 Jun 1992 15:40:05 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
lex and yacc for C++ ubacw00@ucl.ac.uk (1992-06-16)
Re: lex and yacc for C++ vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (1992-06-17)
Re: lex and yacc for C++ dkoosis@aristotle.sbi.com (1992-06-17)
Re: lex and yacc for C++ ipser@solomon.technet.sg (1992-06-18)
Re: lex and yacc for C++ ken@syd.dit.csiro.au (1992-06-18)
Re: lex and yacc for C++ collison@osf.org (1992-06-18)
Re: Parser generator that supports regular expressions? compres!bz@primerd.prime.com (1992-06-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++
From: ubacw00@ucl.ac.uk (Mick Farmer)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 15:40:05 GMT

Hi,

Some weeks ago I posted a request for information on versions of lex and
yacc that can be used with C++. This is the result.

Most people mentioned lex++ and yacc++ (such obvious names :-) that are
available from Sun Microsystems. Fewer people mentioned versions of lex
and yacc from MKS, which can handle both C and C++. Some people said that
GNU's flex and bison could handle C++, but I'm unable to verify this.

Thank you one and all for your help.

Regards,

Mick
[The distributed versions of flex and bison handle only C. Since the
source is widely distributed, it's possible someone has hacked them up for
C++. It wouldn't be particularly difficult. MKS does indeed do C++ and
Pascal as well as C, but the C++ isn't particularly OOPy; it's similar to
the C version. -John]