More work on Lunde's architecture papers? (Marcel Achim)
Sun, 14 Jun 1992 20:46:47 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
More work on Lunde's architecture papers? (1992-06-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Marcel Achim)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1992 20:46:47 GMT

        I just came across an article from Amund Lunde (CACM Vol.20, No.3.
March 77) "Empirical Evaluation of Some Features of Instruction Set
Processor Architectures". It is part of a IEEE tutorial on RISC. It
describes a register usage and operator utility analysis method by tracing
executions with ISP interpretors. The research was done at Carnegie-Mellon
but finger rings no bell, so I wonder if anyone knows
about subsequent, parallel, (or anyway) related work. I plan to use this
as a base for a project for undergraduates in a computer architecture
course, it should be something like a comparison between a M68020 and a
SPARC. Has anyone tried this?

Marcel Achim
Universite du Quebec a Montreal
Departement Maths-Info