Re: Concurrent C Compiler wanted (Jerry Frain)
Thu, 28 May 1992 06:22:31 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Concurrent C Compiler wanted (1992-05-26)
Re: Concurrent C Compiler wanted (1992-05-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Jerry Frain)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1992 06:22:31 GMT (R Ganapathy) writes:

> The book "The Concurrent C Programming Language" by Narain Gehani and
> William D. Roome says that that "Concurrent C implementations are
> available for several versions of the UNIX system: System V, BSD 4.2 and
> NRTX".

It's available for many System V and BSD-derived (notably SunOS) systems.

> I'm implementing some concurrent problems in Modula-2 and wanted
> to solve them using Concurrent C also as part of my thesis work.

I've done a lot of work with Concurrent C, it has nice concurrent
programming facilities.

> Is the compiler available via FTP or otherwise?

No. Concurrent C is commercial product of AT&T.
Jerry Frain, Systems Programmer
Kansas State University |
Department of Computer & Info Sciences | ...!rutgers!depot!frain