Re: ANDF

nickh@CS.CMU.EDU (Nick Haines)
Fri, 15 May 1992 16:57:17 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re: standard intermediate representation for C/C++ ? root@grok19.columbiasc.NCR.COM (Dave Howell) (1992-05-11)
ANDF preston@dawn.cs.rice.edu (1992-05-13)
Re: ANDF nickh@CS.CMU.EDU (1992-05-15)
Re: ANDF caliban!ig@uunet.UU.NET (1992-05-15)
Re: ANDF ped@thor.inesc.pt (1992-05-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: nickh@CS.CMU.EDU (Nick Haines)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1992 16:57:17 GMT

I posted details of where people could obtain more information about
RSRE's TDF (the OSF ANDF) sometime last year (when I was working at
Harlequin). Harlequin had some documentation for it and RSRE were
producing more at the time.

>From what I remember, TDF is like Ten15, in that it's a set of algebraic
lattices, using constructors to make bits of TDF out of smaller bits of
TDF (so you end up with a tree-shaped structure). A full textual
description of the tree was typically vast, because it includes verbose
constructors for list-like comprehensions, but of course there is a more
compact notation, and a binary encoding.

Nick Haines nickh@cs.cmu.edu
[Found it, it's in my UNCOL bibliography, message 91-12-026. Also see the