experience with code transformation systems?

unisoft@tigger.jvnc.net (Unisoft 3 overhill dr.)
Sat, 9 May 1992 14:32:45 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
newbie grammar/parser/interpreter questions craigh@cserver.plexus.com (1992-05-07)
experience with code transformation systems? unisoft@tigger.jvnc.net (1992-05-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: unisoft@tigger.jvnc.net (Unisoft 3 overhill dr.)
Date: Sat, 9 May 1992 14:32:45 GMT

I'd like to know if anyone has experiences with REFINE from Reasoning
Systems, or Metatool from AT&T, IDL, or any other public domain program
code transformation tools, and would like to recommend one. I'd like to
get a tool which is high level and preferrably can take BNF (or EBNF) as
input and generate a parser, or furthermore, if the output language format
is known in BNF (or EBNF), then it will also does the code generation
portion. Is this possible? Anything close to this available?

Thanks.
Mei-Tien Hsing