Sparc's windowing (Marcel Achim)
Sun, 19 Apr 1992 21:48:40 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Sparc's windowing (1992-04-19)
Re: Sparc's windowing Nand.Mulchandani@Eng.Sun.COM (1992-04-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.arch,comp.compilers
From: (Marcel Achim)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1992 21:48:40 GMT

        I'm porting a modula-2 compiler to the sparc and I'm having some
difficulties with the Stack pointer, seems that the second I touch it
(let's say sub %sp,4,%sp) to enlarge my frame, every register is shifted
%i0 -> %i1 etc..., looks like I went through a window trap with a restore
but without save (get this results from adb while stepping over sub).

        Does anyone have any idea ? By the way, how's adb handling instruction
pipelining ? And can I assume that save %sp,XX,%sp saves locals and ins
into %sp[0]..%sp[63] on a window overflow ?

Thank's a lot.

Marcel Achim