Predictive bottom-up parsers? (Kiong Beng Kee)
Sat, 18 Apr 1992 03:53:43 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Predictive bottom-up parsers? (1992-04-18)
hybrid predictive bottom-up parsers (1992-04-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Kiong Beng Kee)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1992 03:53:43 GMT

I hope to find out readers' views of a hybrid predictive bottom-up parser.
I have not heard much about such a beast. Can one exist and would it be
Kiong Beng Kee
Dept of Information Systems and Computer Science
National University of Singapore
Lower Kent Ridge Road, SINGAPORE 0511
[There's always the parser in the original Ritchie PDP-11 C compiler which
was mostly recursive descent but operator precedence for expressions. Ran
in 12K, three passes, generated quite respectable code. -John]