Help Needed: Modifying GCC-2.0

scc@doc.ic.ac.uk (Shing Chi Cheung)
Mon, 16 Mar 1992 15:50:58 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help Needed: Modifying GCC-2.0 scc@doc.ic.ac.uk (1992-03-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: scc@doc.ic.ac.uk (Shing Chi Cheung)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1992 15:50:58 GMT

We are developing a distributed environment with C plus some communication
primitives. At the moment, we are considering multiply instantiating a
C-module into different light weight threads in the same address space
with their own copy of global variables. However, the present GCC
compiler does not generate relocatable addresses for global variables.

Has anybody tried to do this or could give us any pointers how to modify
the GCC compiler. If not, has anybody came across any article explaining
the internal of the GCC compilers something like "A tour of C compiler" in
Unix Programmers Manual.

Please reply by email. If there are enough interests, I'll post the
tricks to the newsgroup or email to those people who show interest in
knowing how to do this by dropping me an email.

All responses are appreciated!

Thank you.
SC Cheung (scc@doc.ic.ac.uk)
--