Static analysis of Pascal programs. (Arndt Jonasson)
Thu, 20 Feb 1992 10:12:54 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Static analysis of Pascal programs. (1992-02-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,,comp.lang.pascal
From: (Arndt Jonasson)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1992 10:12:54 GMT

I'm looking for information on static analysis tools for Pascal. The
system of interest is VAX/VMS, but our software doesn't use most of
the extra features of VAX Pascal. Are you using a commercial tool? How
good is it? Are there public domain ones? Are there public domain
pieces from which one can build such a tool? (E.g. one could modify a
Pascal compiler or interpreter. Or convert Pascal to C, and use a
corresponding tool for C.)

The tool needs to at least be able to trace variables forward and
backward, i.e. where is X used, which other variables influence it,
is it used at all, in this procedure/module/whole program.

Thanks in advance for any information. Please mail, and I will post a
summary if there is interest.

Arndt Jonasson Communicator C3Consult AB