Any commercial VLIW processor available ?

horst@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Horst Hogenkamp)
Fri, 13 Dec 91 09:57:13 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Any commercial VLIW processor available ? horst@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (1991-12-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.arch
From: horst@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Horst Hogenkamp)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 91 09:57:13 GMT

Do you know of any commercial VLIW products or product plans?

I would like to solicit your opinion about the relevance of VLIW
archtectures in the next future.

I know that Multiflow is no longer on the market, and I know of no other
VLIW processor that is. I am aware of some academic efforts. Some groups
consider customizing architectures to specific algorithms. Pipelined
processors become more VLIW-like due to indepentend multiple functional
units, but do not use VERY LONG instruction words.

What do you think is the future of VLIW? Do you know of any commercial
VLIW products or product plans?

Horst Hogenkamp